Sunday 10 March 2013

Sympathy Easel Card

Kanban was used again in this card, as you can probably tell they are one of my favourites.
I cut two of the same shapes and then made a frame with it too, so three cuts four shapes in the end. I started by making the main focal point, to do this I covered the main die cut with a paper from my Kanban all occasions kit, and adding a topper which was mounted on some silver miri board, with a feather attached to the back.
I then inked the edges of my frame with a light covering  of red wine pigment ink, it gives a lovely off pink colour, I added three Aurora Borealis gems to two corners. This was then attached with foam pads to give added dimension.
To create the easel I scored with my ultimate pro, the other full die cut shape half way  and a quarter way, and folded these. I then placed some of the same backing paper from my all occasions on the base of my easel, and a sentiment from the same kit as my topper and paper, this was mounted on some silver miri card also. The main part of the card was then attached with red tape (super sticky) to the easel, this matches perfectly as they were the same shape. 

XxCatxX


No comments:

Post a Comment