Wednesday 15 May 2013

Mothers day double diamond card.


Hello again, twice in one night I'm on a roll. Or I wrote the last post a few weeks ago and forgot to post?! 

This card was great to make. I was asked by a very good friend to make a mothers day card, so she could send it home to Poland. I obviously said yes, as it was another excuse to hide in my craft room lol.
 The challenging part was finding out what she wanted, I was given a card fold from a previous  card I had made and a colour red but you are all switched on cookies you guessed that right? 
So I started by selecting my image and colouring in using my promarkers from letraset, and folding the card base.
Then I started thinking embellishments so I made the roses.
I have a tutorial on how to make these paper roses here, the picture shows how I build them up in different colours. I had to make two at a time in order to achieve this look. I then thought  about the sentiment I used serif but any package you have to type with is great.
I felt the hearts on the cream backing paper fitted quite well, but to tie that in with the sentiment I stamped in clear ink then brushed over with mica powder. Then I put some ribbons and butterflies on, then layered everything up to create the finished piece.

XxCatxX


3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous card. Do you have a tutorial for the card base as I've never seen one of these before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen thank you for the lovely feedback. I do have a tutorial that will be published on May 20th, I am sorry i can not publish before hand but it is a dt project. Would love if you where to come back and have a look at it. Xxcatxx

      Delete
    2. Hi again Karen the tutorial is now posted. xxcatxx

      Delete