Tuesday 7 January 2014

LEJ Designs challenge.

Hi all, this is the first of the monthly challenges over at LEJ Designs.
The challenge will now run from the 7th of every month, with a prize of four digis of your choice from the shop.
I hope you all enjoy taking part in these challenges, I know we look forward to seeing your creations.
This is my contribution to the challenge this month, I gave this to my daughter for her 4th birthday she is constantly covered in mud lol.


 Here is a very rough guide on how to make this card as we all like things differently, and size will matter when it comes to measuring your score lines.
Firstly I took a A4 sheet of green card and placed a (grande spellbinder) large scalloped square die, roughly in the middle of the paper and cut it out.
I then scored at 5cm and 7.5 cm in on each side.

Then I cut the top and bottom down so there was only about 1cm above and below the scalloped edge, before I used another from this nest of dies to scallop the edges. 
After lining with yellow card I folded on the score lines and put together before embellishing.
You may prefer to embellish beforehand but I wanted to see it how it would look finished as I went along. 

Have fun and remember to check back next month for another challenge and a picture of our new arrival. 

xxcatxx

16 comments:

  1. Love it Catherine. A brilliant image for a tomboy. Great tutorial and I'm sure she loved it. Kay XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments, she sure did love it kept showing everyone her wiggly worm card lol xx

      Delete
  2. Love this Hun. Such fun and colourful card in that wonderful fold. The image is great and coloured beautifully.

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx fellow LEJ DT Member

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments and for popping by to take a peek, I can't wait for the next one. x

      Delete
  3. Brilliant Catherine,i love it ,used to do similar with acetate on a few years ago et u cannot wait for Baby xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I didn't think to use acetate it would definitely make a aperture of this size slightly more sturdy, I will try it next time I make one. x

      Delete
  4. Fabulous Catherine! Love the colours and a beautiful image too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for popping by and for your lovely comments.

      Delete
  5. Such a fun card and fold hun great work
    hugs
    Marie fellow DT member and Thanks for joining in our blog event over on the friendly crafters
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and with such a fab blog Tuesday event how could I resist every ones inspiration. x

      Delete
  6. Cute card Catherine! Thanks for sharing it with us. Hugs, Donalda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by glad you like it x

      Delete
  7. I love how you have done this hun and cant wait for you pics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I enjoyed figuring out how to do this one without it falling over, and I can't wait to be taking pics xx

      Delete
  8. Love this Cat x great idea and thanks for sharing the method it's great to have ideas for new shapes and layouts xx

    ReplyDelete